The unfailing reliability of the Swagelok® tube fitting is the result of our proven design, manufacturing excellence, and superior raw materials. These advantages, along with the care of our associates, quality culture, and unrivaled experience, all work together to ensure that every Swagelok® fitting meets our customers' highest expectations for safety and dependability.
Swagelok delivers world-class design knowledge, manufacturing know-how, and materials science expertise.
Learn why so many trust their operations to us.
Swagelok developed the original two-ferrule tube fitting in 1947, and with over 200 active patents worldwide, we continue to improve our proprietary design for use in thousands of applications.
BETTER BY DESIGN
The Swagelok® tube fitting's extraordinary performance comes from a combination of design features.
The Swagelok patented geometry of the back ferrule provides a hinging colleting action that enables the Swagelok® tube fitting to perform extraordinarily well in three key factors:
| Tube Grip
The unique hinging-colleting action provides more direct tube contact and gripping support.
The burnishing/polishing action creates concentrated zones of contact for a gas-tight seal.
The colleting region more effectively isolates any stress riser at the tube grip from system vibration.
The controlled phased sequential pull-up and contoured geometry, along with the SAT12 patented surface hardening process of the back-ferrule, enables the tube fitting components to work together in systematic harmony during assembly.Back To Top
A MATERIAL DIFFERENCE
The Swagelok® tube fitting is made of high quality raw materials for superior performance.
1. Swagelok's Stainless Steel – ASTM requires 16-18% chromium and 10-14% nickel. Swagelok has maintained chromium content in its fittings at a minimum of 17% and nickel at a minimum of 12% for many years.
2. Quality Barstock – We place multiple controls on procurement of 316 stainless steel from our approved mills, from its elevated alloy chemistry to the inspection steps used to validate it to ensure uniform manufacturability when making our tube fittings.
3. Chloride Stress Corrosion Cracking (CSCC) in 316 Stainless Steel – CSCC occurs where chloride concentrations and stress levels are present. We have performed extensive CSCC testing on Swagelok fittings with exceptional results: Alloy 316 stainless steel nuts tested (Swagelok and eight other brands): None of the Swagelok nuts cracked or leaked. 39% of the other nuts cracked (at least one from each brand) and 2.7% leaked
4. Alloys and Corrosion - Swagelok offers a wide range of alloys and works closely with customers to solve their needs for fittings with enhanced chemical and corrosion resistance.
5. Engineered Combinations - Swagelok can engineer a cost-efficient and corrosion-resistant solution for installations exposed to seawater.Back To Top
EXCELLENCE IN MANUFACTURING
Others can try to copy our methods, but can't replicate our skilled operators, strict process control, and complete traceability. Swagelok owns the manufacturing process from start to finish.
- We forge, machine, electropolish, weld, assemble and test - all in our own facilities
- We use optimized top of the line tools and machining methods across 20 production facilities
- Our robust reliability excellence program keeps equipment running at optimal efficiency
Traceability and Quality
- Raw material traceability is an integral part of Swagelok's overall quality system
- All fittings are marked with the Swagelok name, material type, and trace identifier
- Our manufacturing quality system our fittings are manufactured under is approved by the world's leading standards bodies.
The Swagelok Limited Lifetime Warranty demonstrates our relentless commitment to quality. Every Swagelok product is backed by this promise.Back To Top
A STRONGER SUPPLY CHAINThe Swagelok® tube fitting is offered through a Global Distribution Network in 70 countries, including 20 manufacturing centers and 220 Sales and Distribution Centers.
Staffed by local talent, the Sales and Distribution Centers are familiar with local business practices, speak the language, know the culture, and understand the region.
Swagelok's 7,800 Associates worldwide work collaboratively to provide:
- Factory support
- Field Engineering
- Technical services
- Coordinated deliveries
- Inventory replenishment
We have thousands of products in inventory available with fast turnaround; you are never far from the products you need, when you need them.
We are one interconnected global team – One Swagelok.
Download our Tube Fitting Advantage Brochure
Learn more about how Swagelok's raw materials give you a competitive advantage Contact Us.
Discover what else makes our tube fittings engineered to perform under pressure: Swagelok® tube fittings Advantage Homepage